Friday, January 04, 2008

Old books like old soldiers don't die

I have been a diehard fan of Commando Comics since god knows when. So imagine my joy when I stumble into a book shop that had stocked commando comics and was selling the 'Best of Commando' series compilation for half price. Have ended up buying a whole set and gearing up for picking up few more collections. My only dilemma - each compilation weighs like a thick dictionary and my luggage is nearly touching the 28kilos mark. Don't want to end up paying penalty again at Heathrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waow....my bro used to bring tonnes back each week adn even ive read a million...if bro finds out he'll probably fly out to London to try adn buy then...man i rem them so vividly...War Picture Library used to be printed just below the name i think...stuka dive bombers, spitfires, the jungles of burma...man for a kid of 13 years those comics do incredible stuff ....the gestapo, ss, nazis, poms...used to be fascinating stuff man, totally fascinating....i used to be most terrified thinking about gunners in figher planes, sitting in claustrophobic turrets adn trying to fire at planes that were shooting at them..that used to make me msot terrified..that and thinking of peopole inside tanks in the jungle...i guess i must be a claustrophobe....but those comics were amazing man..what detail..and of course great story telling...i used to even draw tanks and ships and planes...was not a great artist but i used to enjoy copying scenes and then trying to create my own...lage raho sir, lage raho!

Best,
Anil