Sunday, June 11, 2006

Notes from my bed side

It’s been more than 10 days now since I have been grounded to bed. The doc’s instruction to me on day 1 was –Boss strict bed rest for at least 3-4 weeks. You have to only get up for having food or going to loo. Well, I have managed to follow his instructions to the hilt, almost. So what if I connect to the internet wirelessly on my laptop from my bed, check my mails, browse stuff, play games, etc. The doc didn’t say I can’t do that. Or shift bed and sleep in living room watching TV. But it’s no fun stuff. I am bored to death. Trying my best not to let the frustration creep in. Getting to know what it means when they say an idle mind is a devil’s workshop.

Also keeping me company by my bed side these days is Thomas Friedman’s The World is Flat, some usability workshop material and a couple of Archie comics. Though it’s a different thing that most of the time my time gets devoured mostly by playing cricket game on my laptop or reading Archies. With mom dad around, strict diet is insured. For the past 10 days, I am surviving on boiled stuff which includes rice, boiled palak, vegetables, etc. Not a single drop of oil is used while cooking, not even a slight hint of chilly powder. Most of the time I end up on dahi chawal or oil free pancake made out of rice powder. The doc’s instruction- no proteins for me.

Makes me feel like Sanjay Dutt from Zinda – surviving on fried wontons for 14 years. The good side of it has been that I have lost 3 kgs in last 10 days. Went for 2nd blood test ysday. The results are encouraging. My enzymes level has come down but are still high. The doc says it will take another 2 weeks more. My whole month would be gone now in bed – what a way to waste off my PLs.

No comments: