Friday, June 30, 2006

when men became boys...

2 days back it was raining quite heavily here. It was 4 in the afternoon and the last place we wanted to spend in such a beautiful weather was in office. Suddenly Samby came up with an idea. Let's play football. As it is we had no work for the day so we all readily agreed. Within minutes, all 5-6 of us, bunked out of the office, picked up the ball from a friend's place, rushed to the nearest Hiranandani Play Ground. The ground would have been a paradise for promoting Tide detergent powder. Slippery and muddy, it would have served an ideal place for mud wrestling. In our office clothes, we played football for around an hour.

6pm. Time to leave. Kept layers of newspapers on my seat and plastic bags on headrest and drove back home. On route, picked up Suvi and her colleague. They were shocked to see me all soaked up, and shirt soiled with mud. Got a good grilling from both of them on my 'childish' behavior. Their concern was that since I had just come out of jaundice, I had to take it easily and not exert myself, something which even the doc. had told me. But inspite of all my apologies and my reasoning couldn't convince them that it was an impulsive decision :)

Next day came to know that all my friends got 'talofied' by their parents.

Well...it was a good game :)

No comments: