Monday, July 03, 2006

MOnsoon Magic

Ah! Finally the rains are here for good. Monsoons are always fun in Mumbai. Leave apart the fact that there are traffic problems and low lying areas get submerged, but rains are always fun in Mumbai. The temperature has dipped drastically. As it is my house is located in a open, greener area in Thane, the temp is relatively 1 or 2 degree lower than what's shown on TV. These days we use blanket at night! For the past 2 days, it's raining non stop. My seat in office is located in a cabin which faces this french window from where I get to see the panaromic view of Hiranandani. With rains on, the view is magnificient. I just can't wait to go out on long drives now. The best time to visit all these places around Mumbai is during the rains as the entire region bears a misty green looks. Probably would be hitting out next week or so.

The only drawback of the monsoon which I am realising this year is that in few stretches near my home, I feel I am driving in MotoRally. It takes 1-2 heavy showers and all these wierd sized potholes emerge on that road. Already my car's average has dipped from an impressive 17kmspl to 15-16. Guess that's part and parcel of the Monsoon magic.

No comments: