Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Picture This...

I sit very close to a picture window on 4th floor from where I can see the entire Campus greenbelt and open fields, river and mountains in the distance. This part of Kharadi, I am told, turns lushgreen during rainy season. Infact the whole of Pune and nearby areas wear a different look during rains. The weather takes a dip, people flock out to picnic areas nearby and in Konkan belt. The place where I live - bavdhan, is a mini hill station in itself. Surrounded by hills, it's always breezy there and the recent showers has forced us to shut off fans in evenings and use light quilts at nights. I shifted here last year in August and i know how exciting the weather is here so really looking fwd to monsoons now.

Leaving this post with a few snaps that i took 2-3 days back from my office window of the 1st heavy showers that hit Pune.



(see that river behind our office? I am told during monsoons the river overflows!)






In the distance you can see the river shining in the darkness)

No comments: