Friday, November 10, 2006

Big Baaas

When I was in UK, at times I used to watch the Big Brother show that used to come in a late night slot. The Indian version of the show is known as Big Boss. I used to feel amused on how a pathetic & sick show like that could become such a hit in UK. The participants, most of the time I felt didn't have any focus in life, were confused and felt more like losers. The show used to be uncensored and many a times you could even get glimpses of people walking around naked in the house, making love or swearing like anyhting. My only thought was...what glues viewers to their telly? What do they find interesting in knowing the 'actual' shades of character of other people (in UK they used to take normal people for the show & not celebrities) whom in all probabilities they would never bump into also. I concluded with the thought that these people (viewers) who have made the show such a success probably had nothing more to do in life than stick in front of TV and watch a stupid show like that.


One week now, even I am on that stupid list of people who have been glued to TV to watch Big Boss. :(

More about it in later posts.

No comments: