Wednesday, March 29, 2006

cheap thrills of different kind ;-)

Zipping down the Godbundar road with Suvi, I hear this repeated honking from santro which pulls from behind and moves parallel to meon my left. The driver of the car rolls down his window and shouts at me "how much average this model is giving? " I shout back "17 in city". He shouts "without AC??" I shout back" NO. WITH AC". He shouts back" ..n on highway?"... I shout back "23-24". All this convo takes place with our cars moving parallely at approx speed of 60 and with suvi flinching her teeth..fearing that my constant turning left and talking to him might lead to some accident ;-)... He moves on... I look at suvi and we both grin. She knew I was getting cheap thrills out of it. ;-)

Another related kissa which took place last week or so. Had picked up a friend of mine who had come from delhi from her relatives place. As we were driving towards my home in thane, she got a call from her hubby. While talking to him she said "u know loks has bought a beautiful red car...its santro...." I interrupted "oye! santro nahi hai..its Indica TURBO"....she looked at me in surprise and said "indica hai yeah!!" and then she continued in phone "..nahi..its an indica..that turbo wala model...and u know what... there is no NOISE at all... ya...hardly koi SOUND....told u we should have evaluated this model too...." I just looked the other side and smiled to myself and patted the sterring wheel gently. The best compliment I've received for my car so far. :)

No comments: